Monday 28 February 2011

Hippies

My name is Juliette Chambers. I live in Boston with my errrrr... Hippie family. You see, I live with my mum,  sister Gia, and brother Jedi. I am the black sheep of the home. For example, I have orange flippy hair, and they hair blond and bland straight hair. Jedi is really Michael. He is going through a Star Wars fase, I guess. It's weird because this kid is only 22, and still living with his parents. I am only twelve, and home schooled. Gia like palm reading and using Ouija board, just like my mum. Mom is a psychic, and dad- left because of a peace riot in another country. According to my mom.

I have an aunt too! Her name is Erin. She lives in Canada with four girls. They are her adoptive daughters. I really want to meet them, but since of the miles away ratio, we can't.

The reason I am the black sheep is because I don't want to continue the hippie studies. It bores me to death. I want to be a doctor when I grow up. Or a model. I am not sure. I want to move to aunt Erin's so badly. she is a fashion designer... and has four girls my age!

Here is what happened today-

"MICHAELL! It's dinner!", Mum called.

Gia and I were already at the dinner table. I was going to tell something to the family.

Michael walked downstairs. "It's Jedi mum!", he snapped back.

"Now kids, I made a tofu risotto, with vegetarian veggies.", she smiled.

"Ugh!", I grunted when mum started the hippie chanting and blessing. Her skirt swayed as I watched in horror. Who knew how embarrassed I am to go out in public with her.

"Ilca matcha mootans. Liaski eas qwang!", Mum smiled.

I shoveled the food into my mouth like it was diamonds.

After I stopped my heart sank. I was afraid to confess something.

"Mom, Gia, Jedi. I have something to ask. Can I go stay with aunt Erin for a few months? I'll come home during the holidays, I promise.", I begged.

Mum laughed. ,"Okay! I sense that you'll enjoy yourself. I'll call Erin and we'll get you over faster than you can say Canada!"

Canada here I come.

##Juliette##

1 comment: